I just posted the "modified Desktop Connector 1.2beta of HTTPS(SSL) enabled" on the MindTouch Community Portal that you can take a look at this and find this useful.
Because we needed this tool as a user of open-source MindTouch Core, I corrected an old (GPL license) code found at the MindTouch repository to implement our needs.
The correction is a minimum requirement as described below:
(1) Support HTTPS (HTTP on SSL).
If SSL certificate was not certified by Certification Authority (CA), this tool warn of the security problem.
(2) Support of Trusted Authentication with LDAP.
We changed timing of user authentication internally.
(3) Encrypt user password in the registry
There are unsolved known issues as below. However, I believe this modified Desktop Connector achieves the value of higher operationality for MindTouch Core users. Also please feel free to changes to the source code yourself to implement something useful.
1. This is not an official product from MindTouch. If you are a user of a commerical version of MindTouch, you can get the latest official product here:
2. You should accept any result of causing by this tool, and should not inquire of a official support. Of course, you should not apply this to your production system.